CoEd Varsity G-force
Game Summaries & Headlines.
Big Goals Can Backfire...
- Game Date
- Aug 29, 2016
Big Goals can Backfire... so instead... Focus on the Process
- Beware of BHAGs... "big hairy audacious goals" that may be unrealistic and possibly demoralize, demotivate, and detach you from your routine/daily steps
- Watch out for "post race blues" or the "danger of the finish line"... big let downs
- Do not tie your self worth to things that may be out of your control
- Goal setting - done properly can be effective steering mechanism, provide direction
- Focus on the Process Instead!!!
- Break goal down into component parts and focus on the parts!
- 3 Step Process
- Set Goal
- Figure steps to goal that are within your control
- Perfect the steps into your "routine/habits"
- Daily Victories-->Process-->Progress-->Dopamine/Endorphins-->Energy to Persevere
- Victory Cycle... Industriousness-->Enthusiasm-->Industriousness... Equals Success
- Seek Harmonious Passion instead of Obsessive Passion
- Focus on the Process and that which you can control
- Big Goals Can Backfire article by Brad Stulberg... click here